Big thanks go to Zendictive, Madnessinmasquerade, and Peach Farm Studio for your kind nominations. I am incredibly humbled!
The idea behind The Versatile Blogger Award nominations is to use these nominations to make other bloggers aware of other great blogs, as I’m are doing here. I encourage you to nominate some of your favourite blogs for The Versatile Blogger Award and Liebster Blog Award too!
Rules for The Versatile Blogger Award.
1. In a post on your, blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
2. In the same post, Add the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
As per rule #3 “Share 7 random things about yourself”, here is a list of 7 random things to know about me:
1. As some of you may have worked out, I lived in Japan for approximately one year. While I was there, I studied Japanese and Anthropology at Doshisha University, Kyoto. It was one of the best experiences of my life so far, and I made some of the most wonderful cherished friends I’ve ever had the pleasure of getting to know. I miss them all terribly!
2. As a result, I understand a fair amount of Japanese, but I’m by no means fluent!
3. I enjoy reading books. Especially poetry. Authors like H.P. Lovecraft, Edgar Allen Poe, Diana Wynne Jones (sadly missed), and Slyvia Plath to name but a few. Also Japanese authors: Oe Kenzaburo, Nakagami Kenji, Yoshimoto Banana, and Haruki Murakami. (I read manga too, in both Japanese and English.)
4. I’m a total nerd. Lord of the Rings? Yes. Gaming? Booyah! My gaming escapades vary, but I’m mostly a RPG, Beat em’ Up kind of girl. Also horror titles like Silent Hill… that I scream at continuously.
5. I’m rather artsy, but I’m no where near as talented as my sister (I have two older sisters by the way.) I enjoy sketching, painting and sculpture. I mostly draw anime and manga characters to be honest; I’d say that Barbara Hepworth is my favourite sculptor, and Van Gogh is my favourite artist by far.
6. I’m writing a novel! (Or two, actually.) They’re no good at the moment, but you know what they say, things improve with age!
7. My biggest dream is to finish University, complete a Masters, and then a PhD – ultimately becoming a University lecturer of some description. Unfortunately, I’m not the richest person in the world, so it may prove hard – if impossible – to do any of that… but, I’ll keep on trying. I won’t give up. 頑張らなきゃ・・・
A big thank you again for your nominations! I urge you to take a look at each of my nominees; you’ll find a wide variety of poetical musings, writings, fun-facts and advice. You won’t be disappointed, lets share the love!